Every year, 26,000 babies are stillborn in America. In 2003, one of them was my son.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Inverted

My husband and I were talking last night; we have both been feeling down recently; he is still working out his grief for Ben - he's had so much trouble grieving, and I haven't known how to help him. At times I haven't tried very hard to help him, either.

Last night he said, "I feel like our lives are inverted." I asked him what he meant, and he said, "It's supposed to be happiness interspersed with moments of sadness, but it's really sadness interspersed with moments of happiness."

Is that how it is from now on? After four years, we really still don't know.

2 comments:

Monica H said...

He's a wise one. That is exactly how I feel all the time. And he gets it! So thank you to your husband because they don't all understand nor do they want to.

I'm sorry this is his (and your)life though.

c. said...

I guess I always believed that an end was in sight, that after some time had passed I might feel less like you've described. I'm sad to know there's no end. I'm sad anyway.

I'm so sorry, Virginia