Remember that post I wrote in early June, "School's (Almost) Out for the Summer"? Where I posted a list of what I hoped to achieve while my children were out of school and I became a stay-at-home, work-at-home, full-time semi-crazed mother?
Well, ha on me. Here's a list of what I didn't get done over the past three months.
1. Lose 10 lbs. I maintained. Which has to be seen as a plus, right? (Right?)
2. I did not get my children to put their dishes in the dishwasher. Well, maybe 25% of the time. That's an optimistic percentage.
3. I did not convince my children that bickering with a sibling is overrated. But boy, did I try.
4. I did not eliminate foods with high fructose corn syrup from the family's diet. I limited them, but when you've got two kiddos with you at the grocery store arguing and pleading, I've found I give in more than I should.
5. I did not win the lottery. No surprise there.
6. Nor did I deal with the piles and piles of kid artwork and other assorted schoolwork lying around the house. Let's just say I have a new plan for the fall.
I did have a lovely, relaxing vacation in Massachusetts with my family and my sister. Except for the bickering siblings part, it was terrific. And now, school is back in session, my children are doing well (so far), and James, though exhausted, has done great in all-day kindergarten. Leaving me to focus on those piles and tasks and 10 lbs for six hours each day, though I am desperate to run to school and bring him home at noon.
Catch me in December and I'll let you know how I've done on my summer "things to do" list.