Every year, 26,000 babies are stillborn in America. In 2003, one of them was my son.

Monday, July 6, 2009

For Parents, After a Baby's Stillbirth

I've just published a short guide, When the Baby Dies: A Guide for Parents After a Stillbirth, on Smashwords.com. It's a 10 page ebook offering some advice on surviving a stillbirth: relationships, grief, funeral planning, plus additional online and print resources. It's designed to be short enough to read through quickly; I remember after Ben died not having the attention span for longer books.

It's for sale for $4.00 (I hate having to charge, but I am a professional writer, and feel this is a very nominal, and fair, fee), and you can purchase it by clicking on this link above, or here.

You may read the first few pages for free; if you do purchase it and find it useful, please let me know. And thanks.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Virginia-- I posted this on my FB, hope you don't mind. I am going to post on my blog, too.

Monica H said...

I think that's wonderful! And it's something that everyone should have access to. Great job! Ben would be proud of his momma-- I know I am.

Virginia said...

Monica, your comment brought tears to my eyes. And Debbie, again, thank you.